Monday, October 26, 2020 | ePaper

Fulham boss Scott Parker 'disappointed' by Tony Khan apology after loss

  • Print


Fulham boss Scott Parker says vice-chairman Tony Khan's Twitter apology for Monday's 3-0 defeat by Aston Villa was "disappointing" and "not helpful".
Following the result at Craven Cottage, Khan promised to sign new players before the transfer window closes on 5 October.
"It's not something I agree with but it's how he sees it," said Parker.
"The thing I'm actually disappointed with, is how he's apologising for the performance. He shouldn't have."
The Cottagers have lost their three opening league games - conceding 10 goals - including Monday's 3-0 home reverse against Aston Villa.
Fulham, who were promoted via the play-offs, have only brought in two new first-team players on permanent deals.
Full-backs Antonee Robinson and Kenny Tete were the permanent summer arrivals in Scott Parker's squad against Villa, while goalkeeper Alphonse Areola, who started on Monday, was one of three loan signings.
Fulham's central defenders have been error-prone in their opening three games - only West Brom, coincidentally this season, have ever conceded more in the opening three games of a Premier League season.
However, Parker says his players "worked tirelessly from the first minute to the 95th".
"The performance last night was a good performance which was a group of players who have done everything they can," he added.
"From 3-0 down they were still trying work as much as they can to try and get us back in the game and for that I don't agree with him."

More News For this Category

Kolkata boost play-off hope in IPL

Kolkata boost play-off hope in IPL

Agency :Spinner Varun Chakravarthy claimed this Indian Premier League (IPL) season's first five-wicket haul as Kolkata Knight Riders gave their play-off hope a boost with a 59-run win over

Sabalenka wins 12 straight games in crazy Ostrava comeback

Sabalenka wins 12 straight games in crazy Ostrava comeback

AFP, Prague :Aryna Sabalenka staged a spectacular comeback against Spanish qualifier Sara Sorribes Tormo to reach the semi-finals of the Ostrava Open WTA tournament on Friday.The powerful Belarusian lost

Tokyo opens Olympic aquatics centre

Tokyo opens Olympic aquatics centre

AFP, Tokyo  :Tokyo opened a 15,000-seat swimming venue for the Olympic Games next year on Saturday, with a swimming star diagnosed with leukaemia last year demonstrating freestyle at the

Marcel-BSPA Sports Carnival kicks-off on October 27

Sports Reporter :The Marcel-BSPA Sports Carnival kicks-off on October 27 at Shaheed Tajuddin Indoor Stadium in Paltan Ground. Bangladesh Sports Press Association (BSPA) will arrange the sports carnival with

Kapil Dev stable after emergency coronary angioplasty due to chest pain

Kapil Dev, the former India World Cup-winning captain, is stable after undergoing a coronary angioplasty surgery at the Fortis Hospital in New Delhi late Thursday night due to chest

Ansar and VDP emerge champions in 'Mujib Borsho' Fed Cup Taekwondo

Bangladesh Ansar and VDP taekwondo team emerged the team event champions in 'Mujib Borsho' Federation Cup Taekwondo competition that concluded on Friday at Mohammadpur Taekwondo Club in the city.

Bengal Tigers observe 17th founding anniv

Sports Reporter :The Bengal Tigers observed its 17th founding anniversary at the press box in the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur on Wednesday. Bengal Tigers is the first fan

Najmul XI face Mahmudullah XI in final on Sunday

Sports Reporter :Najmul XI will face Mahmudullah XI in the final of the BCB President's Cup at the Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in the city's Mirpur on Sunday. The

World 400m champion Salwa’s  anti-doping violation charges dismissed

World 400m champion Salwa’s anti-doping violation charges dismissed

World 400m champion Salwa Eid Naser has had her anti-doping violation charges dismissed by the World Athletics Disciplinary Tribunal.The Bahraini, 22, was provisionally suspended in June after being charged with

Nadal to play Paris Masters next month

Nadal to play Paris Masters next month

AFP, Paris  :Rafael Nadal announced on Tuesday that he will compete in the Paris Masters next month, despite previously saying he might not play again this season.The 34-year-old won a