A Correspondent : A man was reportedly killed due to suffocation on Saturday, when a fire triggered heavy smoke at a motel room in port city's Foy's Lake area. The deceased was identified as Khokon Dutta, 50, a staff member of Motel-6 Sharnali, said police. Further details about the accident could not be ascertained immediatelym, firefighters said, adding that they recovered the body after motel staff informed them about the incident. Police also rushed to the spot and found the room locked from inside, said Kabir Hossain, inspector (investigation) of Khulshi Police Station. "As we broke the door, we saw the body of Kokhon lying on the floor amid the smoke," he said. The fire might have originated from a mosquito coil when it came in contact with the mattress of the bed he was sleeping on, resulting in heavy smoke in the entire room. Khokon might have tried to come out of the room, but failed to do so due to suffocation from the smoke and his vision also being obstructed by it, inspector Kabir suspected.
Editor: A.M. MUFAZZAL, Managing Editor: ARSHAD HOSEIN.
Printed and published by MAINUL HOSEIN from the New Nation Printing Press. The New Nation, 1 R.K. Mission Road,
Ittefaq Bhaban (3rdfloor),
Phones: PABX: 47115875, 47115879, 47114514, Fax : 880-2-47115865,
Email: For News: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, For Advertisement firstname.lastname@example.org