Thursday, September 19, 2019 | ePaper
Worker electrocution in Laxmichhari
A worker died due to electrocution in Laxmichhari upazila of Khagrachhari district. The accident took place at around 7.00 pm on Saturday evening while working in welding machine on an under construction bridge near to Laxmichhari police station.
The deceased was identified as Manzur Alam, 55, son of Zahed Pramanik, a resident of Koira Horparha area under Ullapara upazila of Sirajganj district. He was working under a contracting firm named Zakir Enterprise.
The witnesses said, "Manzur Alam was electrified by the generator wire while working in the welding machine. At that time, other workers rescued and took him to Laxmichhari upazila Health Complex. After the on-duty doctor sent him to Chattogram Medical College Hospital, But he died on the way."
Officer-in-Charge of Laxmichhari Police Station Abdul Jabbar said, "The deceased's family did not complain about the incident. So the body was handed over to the family without the autopsy."
However, even after trying to talk about this incident, it was not possible to communicate with the contracting firm "Zakir Enterprise"s owner Zakir Hossain.