Man dies for recovering cell phone from toilet
Didarul Alam Raju, Khagrachhari :
A man has died by breathing with toxic gas while taking a mobile phone from toilet commode on Saturday evening in Jagannathpara area of Ramgarh upazila in Khagrachhari district.
The deceased was identified as, Moron Malakar, 50, son of late Chandra Mohon Malakar of Gorjontali area of Ramgarh municipality.
Police and witnesses said that while Shima Rani, the daughter of Chhayarani Shil, resident of Jagannathpara area of Ward No. 2 of Ramgarh municipal area going to use toilet, her mobile phone falls into the toilet commode. To get the phone, a man named Moron Malakar was called. There was a deal of 600 taka with Moron Malakar to take up the mobile phone. According to the agreement, while Moron Malakar getting into toilet hole to take up the mobile phone, he died with toxic gas.
Locals said, "During the incident, Moron Malakar was drunk."
Getting the news, a team of rescue workers from Ramgarh Fire Service Station and police went to the spot.
Fire Service Rescue Staff Md. Arman Uddin said, "Moron Malakar has faced death due to poisoning. The depth of the toilet hole is about 15 feet."
Officer-in-charge (Investigation) of Ramgarh Police Station Md. Monir Hosen said, police recovered the body and sent to Khagrachhari District Sadar Hospital morgue for autopsy.
"No one complained to the police station in this incident," he added.