Sunday, September 24, 2017 | ePaper

CCC to get Tk 150 cr fund from BMDF for dev projects

  • Print
Chittagong Bureau :
Bangladesh Municipal Development Fund (BMDF)  will assist fund for Tk.150 crores to Chittagong City Corporation for different development projects of the corporation.
Out of the total fund, 80% i.e. Tk.120 cr  termed as assistance and remaining 20% as loan .CCC Mayor AJM Nasir Uddin apprised the Engineers of Engineering department at the meeting of the  meeting of  four  standing  committees held at Mayor's conference hall  about the assistance of BMDF on Thursday .
 City Mayor informed the meeting that CCC took loan of tk.30 crores on easy interest term of 5% which is payable by 10 years. The meeting was told that  three mega projects will be implemented from this fund .
The projects include construction of Fallyatali Bazar kitchen market -cum-10 storied commercial building, Boxirhat kitchen market -cum- 10 storied commercial building, and south Agrabad Multipurpose Convention Hall construction.
 City Corporation sources said after completion of these project , the income of the corporation will go up . Superintending Engineer Md. Rafiqul Islam has been appointed as Project Directr of these project and  the construction  work of these kitchen markets and commercial buildings will be completed by 2019, sources said.
In the meeting, city mayor told that the flood ravaged  roads and lanes, footpaths  within the city will repaired and renovated  after end of the monsoon rain .He said  two projects of road development and renovations  approximate  cost of Tk.900 crores now waiting for ECNECs approval  and after the approval , tenders will be floated immediately.
Among others, President of the Standing Committees viz. Saleh ahmed chowdhury, Md. Abdul Kader, Md. Javed, Md. Morshed Alam, committee  members and chief engineer of the CCC Lt col. Mohiuddin Andthe City Planner AKM Rezaul Karim were present in the meeting.

More News For this Category

Rohingya people at Balukhali  refugee camp rushing for relief on Friday.

Rohingya people at Balukhali refugee camp rushing for relief on Friday.

.

A discussion meeting  on the progress  of 24 hours in 7 days operation system in export -import at Chittagong Port was held  at Port Training Centre yesterday . Secretary,  Ministry of Shipping Md Abdus Samad was present as Chief Guest. Chairman Chittagong Port Authority Rear Admiral Khaled Iqbal presided over the meeting. Representatives  of different company participated in the discussion and placed their recommendations to solve  the problem.

A discussion meeting on the progress of 24 hours in 7 days operation system in export -import at Chittagong Port was held at Port Training Centre yesterday . Secretary, Ministry of Shipping Md Abdus Samad was present as Chief Guest. Chairman Chittagong Port Authority Rear Admiral Khaled Iqbal presided over the meeting. Representatives of different company participated in the discussion and placed their recommendations to solve the problem.

.

KAMPS stands by Rohingya refugees in Cox's Bazar

KAMPS stands by Rohingya refugees in Cox's Bazar

A Correspondent :Kidney Awareness Monitoring and Prevention Society (KAMPS), a voluntary health care giving organization has come up to stand by the distressed Rohingya refugees with huge quantity of

4 killed in separate incidents

Chittagong Bureau :Four people were killed in separate   incidents in the city and district yesterday. The victims were identified as Atal Talukdar,35, a security guard of Chakbazar, Painter Shahidul

ORBIS arrives Ctg in Nov

Chittagong bureau :The ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital will visit Chittagong in November next. The preparation meeting on the visit of the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital was held at Chittagong

Over hundred Rohingyas given treatment at CMCH

Chittagong Bureau :Admission of Rohingya refugees with bullet and bomb injuries in their body to Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) in large numbers for treatment has become rampant in

Coordination body meet on Rohingyas held

Coordination body meet on Rohingyas held

Chittagong Bureau :The Divisional Commissioner of Chittagong Abdul Mannan said Bangladesh government and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is giving shelters to the tortured Rohingya refugees on the ground of

One held with fake ID card

Chittagong Bureau :A man was detained from number five gate of Chittagong port while trying to get into the port with a fake port Identity Card  on Thursday .The

CMP Commissioner Md Iqbal Bahar speaking at a view exchange meeting with the leaders of Chittagong City Puja Parishad yesterday.

CMP Commissioner Md Iqbal Bahar speaking at a view exchange meeting with the leaders of Chittagong City Puja Parishad yesterday.

.

4,000 tons of rice confiscated

Chittagong Bureau :A mobile court confiscated 4,000 tonnes of rice on behalf of state from a warehouse in port city on Thursday The mobile court led by executive magistrate